Saturday, February 21, 2009

The Events So Far

First, it was my birthday on the 23rd. During high school, I usually dreaded over the arrival of my birthday. Why? Because it usually meant that exams for the first semester would be less than a few days away. Having that said, everyone around me (including myself) would be busy studying and preparing for exams, hoping to earn a good mark. Now, during my first year in college, exams were written a month before my birthday. However, I didn't expect anything special from my friends I made there, since I didn't want to endure another disappointment (and to tell the truth, it's painful). Surprisingly, they did want to something fun for our birthdays! (Let me explain: besides myself, there was another person in our group of four who had a birthday in January and it was three days before mine. So, we decided to celebrate our birthdays on the Friday of that week, which happened to be the exact date of mine!) The original plan was to go to a restaurant and have meal there. Instead, they decided to throw a party in one of their homes and cook dinner for us. And so, we had pasta for dinner and a chocolate cake for dessert! To tell the truth, it was my first time in my life so far to have friends to celebrate my birthday with me, and you can definitely imagine how touched I was and I hard I tried to fight the tears that really wanted to fall.

Second, on the following Monday, two of my friends (from college) had a fight (lets call them friend A and friend B). Last week, friend C and myself tried to bring them together and get them to have a good talk with each other. Unfortunately, I ended up having an argument with friend B and have begged for her forgiveness over something where I was not at fault. Was it wrong to persuade her to talk to friend A? Was it wrong to help mend their friendship? Now, I'm wondering if I should continue being friends with her and whether I should distant myself from her. What should I do? What could be done?

Now, I'm still hurting myself over something I should have let go since I started college. Since the snowfall a few days ago, I couldn't stop recollecting memories of him. Why am I doing this to myself? Although I really do miss him, I think it's time for the madness to stop. It should and must stop NOW.

No comments: