Friday, January 22, 2010

Korean BBQ!!

About a month after my last post, I'm back to do a little ranting...at least that's what I think I'm going to do.

Nothing really exciting happened during the past month. On the last day of exams, we finished at around 9am and decided right then to go to downtown for Korean BBQ. After waiting in the cold for an hour or so (for none other than the bus, geez..), we finally arrived at the station and took the subway. Surprisingly, we arrived at the restaurant around 11am and had to walk around the area until it opens half an hour later. To my amazement, a lot of customers were already inside by the time we came back! As soon we got ourselves seated, we quickly ordered and the meat was almost immediately served. It was fun. At first, I fought with Jo over the grill, but soon there wasn't a need to. Everyone kept piling meat on my plate until one of them described it as "Mount Everest!" In the end, I conquered Mount Everest!

To burn off the meal, we walked around and soon travelled to Chester station for some desert at Dimitri's! By the time we finished, the sky was getting dark and home we went. The day was fun. I enjoyed it.

As for my Christmas holiday? Well, it wasn't that great. For Christmas, I had a sore throat and a cold for New Year's. To top that, I had work (but at least I made money, so it wasn't that bad).

This Saturday's my birthday. I'm not really expecting much - especially when there's a friend's wedding. Somehow, beneath the excitement, I feel that everyone has ignored my birthday. Perhaps it's just me being overly sensitive - who knows? Surely, I'd be pretty lucky if mom decides to not scold me on that day...

Who knows? Only time will tell...

No comments: