Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Dangerous Test on Luck

Last week Thursday, I visited Ash before she left for school overseas for the first time in 3 years. I had problems getting there as I wasn't familiar with the area she lived in, but the bus driver was nice enough to help me out. By the time I arrived, I had no more than 40 minutes to chat with those there before I had to rush back to school (I visited during a 2 hour break). When I arrived at the bus stop, I had less than 20 minutes before I was late for class and the instructor hated lateness. Anxiety filled my veins and I started wandering off in hope to find a faster route back without any luck. I guess "worry" was written all over my face as this guy, who was mowing his lawn, offered to give me a lift when I passed by. I hesitated for a moment, but a look on my watch made me test my luck. Along the way, I kept my eyes on the road signs as we chatted. In the end, I arrived on time with 5 minutes to spare. It's until I stepped into the building that I started to shake with fear and questioned myself with various "What if?"

I admit, it was definitely a dangerous thing to do and something I shouldn't have attempted at all in the first place. I was lucky that nothing "bad" happened and I'm definitely not doing it ever again!

2 comments:

Hanuhtim said...

Is this the ash from pearson? I thought she was in Texas ?!

Starless.Night said...

yup!
she came back to Toronto mid August before heading back home to pursue her medical studies!