Friday, June 5, 2009

Unexpected Interview!

Today, I went to the campus to meet up with two friends to make a few changes for our program. It was pretty nice to meet up with them and have a small reunion. While waiting for the second friend (who was stuck in traffic) to arrive, I told friend C (from Events So Far entry) about my disaster with my first interview. She laughed a little and told me that she wasn't surprised since she sort of expected that from me. How cruel!

Afterwards, I went to a store at STC (and no, it's not the one with the messed-up interview) and did a follow-up on my application from three weeks ago. I gave them another copy of my resume to (hopefully) increase my chances in getting hired. Surprisingly, the lady asked me if I had some spare time and I ended up getting my first one-on-one job interview! According to her, there was an interview scheduled for a portion of the candidates tomorrow, but to avoid me running around, she interviewed me there and then! I was pretty surprised and (of course) a little nervous. I think I babbled a little while I introduced myself in the beginning, but as the interview continued, I became more calm. I'm not sure if I showed any confidence, but I did my best in persuading her to hire me. Then, I filled out the store's questionnaire that had 180 questions. When I finished, I handed it in and thanked her before leaving. Hopefully I left a strong and positive impression in her mind.

I couldn't help grinning as I went home. I was so happy and pleased with today's events. A few days ago, I was on the phone with a close friend of mine. She suggested that I should do a follow-up to increase my chances in getting a job. I'm really glad I listened to her - otherwise, I wouldn't have had that chance!

Wish me luck!! (^-^)

No comments: