Saturday, July 31, 2010

Post-Performance Review Shift

As mentioned in A Negative Performance Evaluation, I was given a shift (on Thursday) to show "improvement." The night before, I was extremely stressed about it and constantly reminded myself to do exceptionally well or else I'll lose my job. At work, I was given a task to reprice an entire section of figurines according to a huge list. At first, I stared in awe and thought "I must finish this FAST!" Things fell and eventually one broke. Although I didn't get penalized, the broken figurine acted as a wake-up call. I shouldn't rush like that. Instead, I should do it at my regular pace and that's what I did. I ignored everyone around me and didn't greet customers like I usually did. Eventually, the section was complete and worked on another task. Soon, my shift was over and got feedback. I was told that I did a good job, concentrated on my given task and blah, blah crap.

I'll still be closely watched in upcoming shifts and if anything happens, I'll be damned for sure. I guess I should be more relaxed about it, knowing what's really going on (of which I'm too lazy to describe, for now at least). According to mom (and it's a bit obvious), they're searching for an excuse to rid me. If I do get terminated, they'll loose a diligent employee.

Meanwhile, I'll continue job-hunting and earn as much as I can before school starts. I guess I should keep my hopes up.

No comments: