Friday, May 1, 2009

Exams Are Finally Over!!

Yesterday was the last day of exams!! After five sleepless nights of hardcore studying, I can finally rest!! My plans for now: give myself some proper sleep, and find a part-time job!!

To celebrate the end of exams, we went to Pacific Mall. We originally wanted to go to downtown, but a few of us (including myself) needed to return home (or to the school to clear our lockers) by six. Since there wouldn't be enough time, Pacific Mall was our final choice! We had lunch at a Vietnamese restaurant outside the mall and a few of us weren't completely impressed by the food. After our not-so-lovely meal, we entered the mall and our fun began!

First, we went into a store where you can take pictures of yourselves with a wide selection of awesome backgrounds. I have to say, the booth (where the pictures are taken) was a little small for six people to fit in. Trying to fit everyone in the picture was not an easy task, but we managed quite nicely and had so much fun! Next, we took pictures against a glass wall of posters of Asian actors and singers. A few of us (including myself) almost drooled over one of them! We continued walking around the mall and took pictures along the way - we even took a picture with a giant lollipop! Before leaving, we got some bubble tea and allowed our feet to rest while we finished our drinks.

I went to Friend A's (from "The Events So Far" entry) place to help her with a problem she had. Although I didn't do much, the problem was solved. After that, we went to the school and cleared our lockers. It was until then that I realized the school year was officially over. So much has happened during this time frame. From getting accustomed to my classes to meeting new people, from making new friends to having a fight with one of them, from ending a friendship to getting over him. As I glance over the clock, bout three hours ago, another friend has left Toronto. That friend is Friend A. A few weeks ago, she told us that she would be going to study in Regina, and perhaps stay there. Originally, I thought she was joking until she told us that she got the tickets for her trip shortly after her announcement. I still can't believe she's going there. It's more or less like a countryside, and as a city girl, she's not likely to like it there. Besides, she's going alone and taking a lot of luggage with her (too much for her to handle). Although school's going to start in September, giving her enough time to explore her new environment, she's still on her own. So what she has a friend there? How much help will that friend offer? I hope she'll be fine, have lots of fun there and make lots of new friends. I wish her all the best!

No comments: