Sunday, September 27, 2009

An Advice from a Good Friend

I just woke up from my nap. After I came home from my shift earlier today, I gave myself an opportunity to take a short rest before continuing with my homework. (In case you're wondering, I didn't do much at work. Business was slow and there wasn't much to do.)

Another crazy school week awaits me (as if my original timetable wasn't tight enough), but I do have confidence that I'll do fine with it.

While waiting for math class to start last week Thursday (the previous class ends at 5:30pm and math starts at 6:30pm), I sat with a friend in the cafeteria and talked about random things. During that random conversation, she advised me to say 'hi' or any other salutation to those in my program. She noticed that I just look at my classmates and walk past them, whether I recognized them or not, and that was a sign of rudeness.

I knew she meant well, but I honestly didn't mean to be rude at all, whether or not my classmates found it so. With fatigue weighing down on me, I don't have much energy left to greet people (even a smile feels like a lot of work), but I do get her point. Not saying 'hi' to others is a sign of unfriendliness, and as someone who's (usually) friendly, it's not like me to do such actions.

I guess I should take her advice and make a quick change. This means that a makeover with my attitude towards my workload will take place, which should help me survive the semester and make me feel more energized. Perhaps I'll start with saying 'hi' to people I think I can connect with and move on from there...
I guess a little change won't hurt and besides, I do benefit from it!

No comments: