Saturday, April 4, 2009

Should I? Or Should I Not?

When the biology lecture ended today, Teresa came up to me and apologized for what she said to me two days ago. I got pissed off at the sight of her and so I simply waved her away as I walked past her towards the exit. I know that was a fairly rude gesture, but somehow I don't feel guilty for my rudeness (as I usually do in normal situations) because deep inside I felt that she deserved it.

Afterwards, I told friend C (from "The Events So Far" entry) about what happened in the lecture room and apparently, she was a bit surprised. As we all know, Teresa is not a person who would ever admit her faults, not to mention apologize for them. Then I asked friend C something that lingered in my mind at the time: should I accept Teresa's apology? All friend C said was, "It's up to you." Not being too pleased with her response, I asked her what she would do if it happened to her. Unfortunately, she didn't know, nor could she imagine it. Knowing how bothered I am by the situation, she helped me sort out what has happened during the school year.

During the first semester, all was peaceful and everyone was happy. However, things changed once the second semester began. Including the insult, Teresa has thrown me her attitude/insults for a total of FOUR times, excluding the COUNTLESS "mean" jokes she's said to me, and to be honest, the mean jokes are more rude and insulting than they are mean. Teresa is someone who expects others to let go of the mean jokes she says but takes them seriously (and I mean extremely seriously) when said to her and (as friend C pointed out) she tends to fire her insults at me (and not so much to the others). I guess it's because she knows that I don't take the mean jokes seriously, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to accept them on a daily basis.

As I'm typing this entry, I remember a phrase from a pledge that all the students at my junior high had to memorize: "I am responsible for my own actions" and it's true. Everyone is responsible for what they say and do, and there are NO exceptions. Having that said, I don't think I should accept her apology. There is NO way I'm going to take another crap from her, and I shouldn't. Besides, she IS responsible for what she said, and therefore, she should endure the consequences. She should learn that nothing in this world is bound to go her way, nor is it obligated to take her attitude - especially in the working world.

Whether she learns her lesson or not, it is no longer my problem, and it wasn't supposed to from the start. There is absolutely NO way I'm going to be friends with her, nor am I going to take another crap from ANYONE, and she's no different.

No comments: