Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Festive Night!

Today is Mid-Autumn Festival. It is a day that represents eternal love and family togetherness. The moon on this night is said to be its fullest, brightest and prettiest of the year. Families would usually come toegether, have a nice meal and spend time with each other.

Since my parents divorced 11 years ago, I celebrate whatever festivities with only my mother. My dad still exists but I don't really want to spend time with him that much. He remarried when I was in grade 8 and has been living happily with his new family since. Honestly, I don't feel like anything's missing in my life. I'm pretty happy as I am right now. I have a caring mother, an awesome older sister (who lives with dad), great friends, a nice job and an unlimited future. What's more to ask for?

Instead of having a regular dinner at home, this year we ate out with sis at Market Village (next to Pacific Mall). As we ate in the food court, there were people singing on the stage (and perhaps other performances) to celebrate this festive night. (I'm not sure about the full performance details as we left before it ended. It didn't matter though, since we didn't pay much attention towards it.) As we walked towards the car, I looked at the sky. The moon shined brightly (almost brighter than the lights in the parking lot) and I could see a few stars twinkling in the night sky. It was a lovely sight.

Mom was pretty happy. This year, both of her daughters spent a nice time with her, especially on this festive night - something that hardly happens. I just hope she's this happy (if not happier) more often. Joy is an important ingredient for a happy life and it's definitely something I want mom to always have. No matter what!



Credits:
The picture in this entry was created by dianar87 from Deviantart

No comments: