Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good News Remain Awful?

I got my test back from Analytical Chemistry. A lot of the students didn't do too well and neither did I - I failed miserably. It wasn't much of a surprise for me, as I didn't really study (as I mentioned in the beginning of A Resentment...). However, I was a bit upset from my awful mark.

The good news was: I didn't have to work with 'that guy'! Apparently he joined someone else's group and might stay there for the rest of the semester. You can't imagine how thrilled I was. (I actually spoke to a member from that group later in class. He joked that he's stuck with that guy from all the mockery he made of him and that he's enjoying all the chaos the guy's already created!) As for my team? Let's just say it wasn't that great either...

I was in charge of extracting the acid compounds while friend E was in charge with the base. My part was a total success, but not for friend E. For some odd reason, his filtrate turned blue and the teacher (almost) exclaimed with horror. What surprised me wasn't the experimental error he created, but by the fact that he turned to me when the teacher asked for an explanation, as if I'm the one responsible for the error. My facial expression made it was obvious that I had nothing to do with it and in truth, I didn't. In the end, he did manage to neutralize and extract the solids, though I'm worried about what was extracted. I guess I'll find out when we measure its melting point on Wednesday...

What about the lab kit? He borrowed it after he promised that he'll take good care of it like his own. I'm starting to get tired (and annoyed) from reminding him to get one himself. Why can't I be harsh (like I how I used to be before my 'change' during high school) and stop him from using it? I can't believe myself...

No comments: